PRINCIPLE 6 – Education & upskilling
All staff across the legal profession
The working group is now up and running with representatives from Ashurst, Clyde & Co (Chair), DWF, GowlingWLG, Simmons & Simmons and Taylor Wessing.
The working group currently envisages the need for a four-tier education, upskilling and training programme
- Entry level literacy training for all
- Online resources / scenarios-based training on TLS Guidance for lawyers
- Climate competency training for lawyers from a legal perspective
- Climate competency training for lawyers from a client/sector perspective
The next phase will see the working group
- mapping out the education and training requirements across all four tiers of learning envisaged,
- identifying those resources that have already been created or in the public domain, and then
- develop a create plan to plug the knowledge and content gaps.
The working group will look to connect with all the membership bodies for the legal profession to identify where we may all collaborate on knowledge and content gaps and how best to make the materials available to all members in an accessible and consistent manner.
other working groups
You may be interested in...
Legal Charter signatories commit to make the best contribution to reduce greenhouse gas emissions at the speed and scale necessary to restrict global temperature increases to no more than 1.5°C.
A work in progress, this working group is focusing on researching a methodology to measure the advised emissions when onboarding clients. Please check back for updates.
In addition to looking at methodologies that we could potentially adapt, such as GFANZ, this group is talking to academics about commissioning a piece of research.